Did you know that different foods benefit different parts of your body? And also that some foods have different effects on your hunger, mood and metabolism?
Although there is no “one” food to magically make you lose weight, we would like to tell you about some of our favourite foods and how they can benefit your health!
Did you know that…
- Almonds are a great source of fibre and protein, which are good for the brain, reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Spinach is a great source of protein, iron, vitamins and minerals which are important for your skin, hair and bones.
- While most fruits are high in carbs, avocados are loaded with healthy fats! Avocados also have the highest protein content of all fruits.
- Eating a cup of blueberries a day can protect against heart disease, cancer and brain aging.
- Potatoes have more potassium than a banana, and the skins are a great source of fibre and vitamins.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, tofu and legumes are super rich in calcium and magnesium which are great for building strong bones and healthy teeth.
How can you make small changes to improve your health?
- Eat more lean protein, such as eggs, tofu, fish and nuts.
- Replace soft drinks with water and herbal teas.
- Eat whole fruits instead of drinking juices, as juices contain less fibre and more added sugar.
- Take a cooking class and learn how to incorporate more vegetables into your diet
Eating a healthy and balanced diet is an important part of maintaining good health, and there are so many great foods to help you achieve a healthier lifestyle. At One You Haringey we’ll help you make better choices to improve your overall health. Find out more about our service at https://www.oneyouharingey.org/ or call 020 8885 9095.